A Facebook tracking pixel is an incredibly powerful tool that allows you to track website & app visitors, page views, purchases and create advertising audiences using that data. In short, every business should have Facebook pixel tracking in place. Here is how to set up Facebook Pixel tracking:
- Make sure you have a Facebook Business Manager Account.
- Visit business.facebook.com/settings/pixels
- Click ‘Add’
- Enter your Pixel name (usually your business or website name)
- Enter the URL of the website you would like your Pixel to track.
- Click continue
- If Facebook detects that your website is built of a CMS that can easily have a pixel added to it (WordPress, Shopify & others) it will provide you with a simple guide to installing your Pixel.
- If not you can choose to ‘install code manually’. Copy the base code.
- Add this code to the header of your CMS template.
To set up Pixel tracking events visit this page: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/2142172942565580?id=1205376682832142
To make the most out of your Facebook Business Manager download our free Facebook Ads strategy guide here.